Today at the ACS National Meeting in New Orleans:
CINF: Community Sharing of Chemical Safety Data: Yes, No, Maybe?
River Bend 1, New Orleans Marriott Convention Center
- What’s all this fuss about data sharing? In search of improved laboratory safety
- Promoting safety culture through sharing – a Dow perspective
- Chemical and laboratory safety: The role of scholarly publishers
- Chemical safety data in the Handbook of Chemistry and Physics
- Safety sharing culture: Learning from the aviation industry
- Information/practice sharing forums among American Chemistry Council Member Companies
- Experiences with learning experience reports
- Balancing act: Protecting all interests
- Parsing the “lessons learned” space: Layers of opportunities and challenges
- Panel Discussion (yours truly will help moderate)
Not in New Orleans? Join me for Safety Zone Live via Facebook to discuss the morning session with organizer Carmen Nitsche, who’s been working with the Pistoia Alliance to build the Chemical Safety Library.
CHAS: Implementing ACS Safety Education Guidelines
Grand Salon D Sec 21, Hilton New Orleans Riverside
- Introductory Remarks
- The ACS safety culture journey: What next?
- Building the safety learning spiral
- One slice at a time: Do what you can whenever you can
- Developing a culture of safety in chemistry and biochemistry at Texas Woman’s University
- Importance of laboratory safety in chemistry curriculum
- RAMPing up the organic chemistry lab at a PUI: Developing a culture of safety and success