↓ Expand ↓
» About This Blog

Friday chemical safety round up

Chemical health and safety news from the past week:

Fires and explosions:

Leaks, spills, and other exposures:

  • 10 gal of something only identified as “TCIR-ZR8690PB” and toxic at chemical distributor RinChem in Salt Lake City. Supposedly it’s some sort of resin used in manufacturing flash drives.
  • Nitrous oxide combined with carbon dioxide leaked at Cuisine Innovations in New Jersey; 30 people were hospitalized for exposure
  • Phenol spilled at a pharmacy in Maine, sending three employees to the hospital
  • A leak from a chile plant in New Mexico left workers complaining of “watery eyes and a chemical taste in their mouths”
  • Montana Tech called for a hazmat team “after university staff noticed Monday morning that a cabinet containing various bottled chemicals had crashed to the floor and spilled some of the chemicals”

Not covered (usually): meth labs; incidents involving floor sealants, cleaning solutions, or pool chemicals; transportation spills; things that happen at recycling centers (dispose of your waste properly, people!); and fires from oil, natural gas, or other fuels

No Comments

Leave a Reply

Sorry, comments are closed.