The 246th ACS National Meeting starts on Sunday, so it’s time to highlight the chemical and laboratory safety programming. If you’re heading to the meeting, be sure to take along the Division of Chemical Health & Safety‘s handy CHAS-at-a-Glance.
- Division of Chemical Health & Safety Executive Committee breakfast meeting, open to ACS members; 8:30 am-noon, Convention Center room 142
- Division of Chemical Health & Safety Awards; 1:30-2:40 pm, Convention Center room 115
- New Horizons in Chemical Health and Safety; 2:50-6:40 pm, Convention Center room 115
- Committee on Chemical Safety combined open meeting and executive session; 8:30-11:30 am, JW Marriott Grand Ballroom 3; agenda is here
- Managing Reactive Chemistry; 1:00-5:40 pm, Convention Center Wabash Ballroom 2
- Air Monitoring; 1:30-5:25 pm, Crowne Plaza at Historic Union Station room Penn Station B
- Social Hour; 5:30-7:30 pm, Skyline Club, 36th Floor, One American Square
- Identifying and Evaluating Hazards in Research Laboratories; 9:00 am-noon, 1:30-4:45 pm, Convention Center room 141. This symposium includes introduction of a new ACS publication on hazard analysis.
- Air Monitoring poster session (6:00-8:00 pm, Convention Center Halls F&G)
You can chat with Division of Chemical Health & Safety or Committee on Chemical Safety representatives and see what resources they have at booth 523 in the Exhibition Hall. You can also follow the division at its @acsdchas and @labsustain twitter feeds.