It’s been a busy summer, folks, and I hope to start getting the blog back on track next week. In the meantime, here’s the Division of Chemical Health & Safety programming at the ACS National Meeting starting in Philadelphia on Sunday.
- CHAS executive committee breakfast, open to all CHAS or ACS members (8:30 a.m., convention center room 107A)
- Awards (afternoon, convention center room 109A)
- Latest guidance on laboratory waste management (morning, convention center room 109A)
- Creating a safety culture in academic institutions (afternoon, convention center room 109A)
- “Chemistry You Can Taste” CHAS social featuring regional wines and artisan cheeses (5-7 p.m. at the Philadephia History Museum at the Atwater Kent, 15 South 7th Street). Russ organizes this and I’m terribly sad not to go.
- Creating a safety culture in academic institutions (all day, convention center room 109A); Mary Beth Mulcahy of the U.S. Chemical Safety & Hazard Investigation Board is scheduled to speak in the afternoon on the Texas Tech investigation
STUDENTS: stop by the CHAS booth at the expo and get free division membership. Benefits include access to the Journal of Chemical Health & Safety and the division e-mail list. The booth is #1713 and is shared by CHAS and the Committee on Chemical Safety.
For other meeting offerings that caught the attention of C&EN staff, check out the C&EN Picks videos!
UPDATE: CHAS has slides from talks given at the meeting posted on its website.