Some dramatic images emerged from China over the weekend, after 8 tons of some sort of combination of hydrochloric, nitric, and sulfuric acid reportedly leaked from a tank at an abandoned chemical factory in Jinhua, China. Anyone have any idea what the red vapor is? It looks like the acid must be reacting with something in the sewar system.
From the Archived Blogs
- Roundup of Monday #ACSDallas NewsSource: ACS Meeting Updates | Published on 2014-03-18
- Gold gilding, ancient amber and a mysterious hidden sculpture: A new cultural heritage journal launches!Source: Artful Science | Published on 2013-04-03
- Choppin’ BroccoliSource: Cleantech Chemistry | Published on 2013-07-23
- C&EN Talks at InformexSource: Fine Line | Published on 2014-01-24
- This Week on CENtral Science: #FlameChallenge 3, Informex, and moreSource: Grand CENtral | Published on 2014-01-31
- Highlights from the International Year of ChemistrySource: IYC 2011 | Published on 2011-12-28
- I know. Enough with the bad news, already.Source: Just Another Electron Pusher | Published on 2013-02-24
- In Print: Sriracha Sensation, Deceptive DishwareSource: Newscripts | Published on 2013-11-18
- A View on Scientific American Blogs and Censorship of Dr. Danielle LeeSource: Terra Sigillata | Published on 2013-10-14
- Updated: Louisiana Still Backs Project Planned By Russia’s EuroChemSource: The Chemical Notebook | Published on 2014-04-18
- Scripps’ Schultz & Merck’s Kim Talk CalibrSource: The Haystack | Published on 2012-03-16
- Yup, still in Kansas.Source: Transition States | Published on 2011-10-24
Register For This Site
A password will be e-mailed to you.