IYC Weekly Round-up, 5/14-5/20
Here are some of the IYC happenings from the last week:
- Today, May 20, is World Metrology Day. Go forth, and celebrate.
- Be sure the check out the Peeps chemistry diorama Linda Wang wrote about earlier this week.
- ACS President Nancy Jackson made her first of two appearances on the “The Best of Our Knowledge” radio program.
- More than 800 students participated in hands-on activities during the two-day Malaysian Chemistry Carnival.
- Impossible2possible launched its running expedition of Bolivia’s Salar de Uyuni, the largest salt flat in the world, where four youth ambassadors will also participate in chemistry experiments that will be broadcast live to participating schools and posted on the i2P website.
- Part of Philosophically Disturbed’s Chemistry365 series, Magdeline Lum’s post about capillary action includes this mesmerizingly beautiful video: