Overdue IYC Weekly Round-up
Sorry for missing last week, folks. To make up for it, this edition will include items from the last two weeks, 3/12-3/25:
- Science magazine’s March 18th issue included an editorial from Harry Gray and Jay Labinger on chemistry as the “central” science.
- The Chemical Institute of Canada’s YouTube video contest, “It’s Chemistry, Eh?,” launched in February and submissions are due by April 22. Yes, I slipped in an old item, but we weren’t up and running when the contest started…
- Congratulations to inorganic electrochemist Lesley Yellowlees, who was elected the first female president of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Newscripts focused on commemorative chemistry stamps, including an image gallery, in the March 14th issue of C&EN.
- World Water Day was March 22. ACS launched its Pennies for Pur Water campaign.
Stay tuned for IYC updates from the ACS national meeting in Anaheim next week.