Greetings from Philadelphia!
A few things we’re excited to see and do today …
1. Tease apart the chemistry behind bad hair days. (9:15 AM, Sheraton Philadelphia City Center, Independence Ballroom C)
2. Hear about a step toward developing a fully synthetic version of the widely used and recently infamous blood thinner heparin (no pig intestines necessary). (1:30 PM, Radisson Plaza-Warwick, Grand Ballroom)
3. Get tips on how to land your first job in industry. (1:30–4:30 PM, Loews, Regency C2)
4. Learn from researchers bridging the gap between basic research and human health. (2–4:30 PM, Philadelphia Marriott, Grand Ballroom Salon E)
5. Look into the history of medicine, preserved at the self-proclaimed “disturbingly informative” Mütter Museum. (19 South 22nd Street)